Thursday, October 17, 2013

Om

I told a few of you that I would keep a blog over the next month of touring, so here goes nothing. 

At around 4:30 pm yesterday I locked my apartment door and won't return for the next 40 days. (Dramatic?) I am now headed to gig number one of 30 on a tour of the good ole heartland of America with Allan Harris and crew.  

Last night, the travel to Minneapolis was just about as hilarious as it could be. It involved the most crowded A train I've ever been on, super long security lines, plenty of service without smiles, and to top it all off a lost bag.  So instead getting mad, I decided to make a list of all the cool things that happened to me last night, and I'd like to share that list with you. 

1.  Having exactly enough change to pay for the cream filled cupcakes from the hotel vending machine. (Don't judge, losing a bag is sad.)

2. There is a shuttle at my hotel that goes to the Mall of America. I took it today and rode a roller coaster with my friends. (That's pretty cool.) 

3. Complimentary tooth brush and toothpaste that the bearded man at the front desk gave to me. (Big win!)

4. Additional random hotel shuttle driver that would probably take me anywhere as long as I listened to him talk to me about movies without falling asleep. (Could come in handy at some point.)

5. The King Pony CDs are basically done. More details to follow. 

6. The last time the airline lost something it was my bass. I have my bass this time. (Sweet!)

7.  There is a 24 hour pizza place near me named American Pie that will deliver something called the Viking burger at anytime of day or night. (Probably wont take advantage of that one actually)

8.  It turns out life isn't so bad. More to come later. 

Over and out 

Leon

No comments:

Post a Comment